Here are some of my Tutorial/Mentorship Programme ways I can help young people as a mentor in the field of photography in general, as well as particularly in Editorial and Documentary Photography, Photojournalism and Journalism as well as reporting from the countries in the crisis of war:
1. Improve social skills: Throughout my one-to-one sessions, I will make you (young adults and students) a better leader by enabling you to relate to different kinds of people. Help you develop strong communication skills so that you can handle any situation.
2. Bolster self-esteem: As a tutor/mentor, I will always be at my student’s corner. Be a champion. Believe in your personality. Recognize and celebrate your successes.
3. Provide career exploration: As your tutor/mentor I will also be your career counsellor, helping my students to brainstorm career possibilities, define career goals and establish action plans to reach professional goals. I will also be a great source of networking opportunities for my students.
4. Support academic activities: Depending on the circumstance, you will find me serving as an important academic tutor during the school year.
5. Be a friend: Some students may find it difficult to talk to their parents or friends about what’s on their mind. As a tutor/mentor, you can see me as a trusted confidant, helping you with your work through day-to-day struggles.
I am London based editorial and documentary photographer, whose work has been published in American, European and Middle Eastern media, from The New York Times, TIME Magazine of the U. S., to Le Monde and Paris Match of France, Der Spiegel and Stern magazines of Germany, The Guardian and The Times of England, Vanity Fair and La Republica of Italy to Al Jazeera as well as Balkan Investigative Reporting Network.
I started my professional career in late Sept 2007 covering significant social, political and cultural events from the Middle East to North Africa and Europe.
I am currently covering British politics for The Associated Press.
Since 2011 I have been an invited guest lecturer at various Universities across Europe to teach media ethics, as well as tailoring and delivering short and long photography courses and mentorship programmes for a diverse audience.
I am confident that I can bring my strong tutoring curriculum development and leadership skills to your knowledge.
I delivered photography workshops and one-to-one tutorials explicitly teaching my students about the ABC of Photography as well as about management of digital workflow and photography's composition as far as how to introduce yourself into the competing market.
I have taught classes as small as 12 students and larger classes exceeding 50 students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition, I have successfully mentored 10+ young aspiring photojournalists who have been assigned in various storytelling subjects from European newspapers as well as wire services such as Reuters, EPA and AFP.
By choosing me as your tutor, I will be doing my part to ensure that you will be equipped with tools and support you need to succeed in the world of Photography.