I am a fully qualified teacher over 15 years of experience working with children and adults in the UK and abroad. Through experiences, I have had the privilege of teaching, coaching, and supporting learners with severe learning and behaviour disabilities and mental challenges including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Autism, ADHD, OCD, Bipolar disorder and PDA. For example, in South America, I volunteered in two charities in which I was posted to three schools in extremely poor areas, to teach 600 plus students between 5 and 12 years. Some of my students had severe learning disabilities and mental challenges but could not afford professional help due to their financial state, so it was extremely challenging working with these children with very limited resources.
Furthermore, as someone who experienced learning difficulties as a child, I understand the complexities in providing support to learners with special education needs, hence through my personal experience and from working with lots of students, I have been able to develop a toolbox of effective interventions to support learners at different spectrum of learning, behavioural, and mental conditions.
Apart from preparing lessons, conducting classes, and monitoring / evaluating students’ progresses, I have spent a lot of time preparing students for examinations including 11 plus, GCSE, IELTS, and GMAT.
I hold Post-graduate certificate in Education (PGCE), Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a qualification in Life Coaching, and certificate in Behavioural Science - all of which I find extremely valuable when teaching and helping learners cope with social, emotional, behavioural and learning challenges.
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Strategy Consultant & Tutor - Aspire, London (Nov 2019 - date)
- Training Manager – SPWT, London (Mar 2017 – Oct 2019)
- Curriculum Manager and International Study Coach – The Graduate School, Bogota, Colombia, (Jan 2016 – Dec 2016)
- Learning Development Manager – Universidad Cesar Vallejo, Chiclayo, Peru, (June 2015 – December 2015)
- Mathematics, English and ICT Teacher – Gospel of Peace - evening and weekend school, (January 2012 - April 2015)
- ICT Teacher / PGCE placement
Glyn Technology School, Surrey (January 2011 - June 2011)
St. Michaels and All Angels Church of England Academy (October 2010 - January 2011)