I’m a detail-oriented professional tutor with more than 10 solid years of experience in encouraging and fostering intellectual curiosity in high school and college students. Dedicated to empowering students with constructive feedback and practical test-taking strategies, I have been an effective educator and team player whether working in a school, university, or private provider setting. Besides, I’m also an active listener committed to helping students overcome academic challenges to reach personal goals.
My Core skills include:
• Mathematically focused background and education with a strong focus on Statistics
• Strong interpersonal communication and listening skills with various students, parents and administrators
• Strong knowledge of human behavior, learning and motivation, personality and other psychological concept
About my Education, I graduated from UCL in 2007 with a Second-Class Honours in BSc Statistics, Computing, Operational Research and Economics (SCORE). Additionally, I have been an active member of the Royal Statistical Society.
Jul 2008 – Present Self-employed, A-level & GCSE Tutor
• Providing current students and people heading back to school with 5 GCSE subjects and A-level Mathematics academic support
• Analysing different exam-board A-level and GCSE syllabus information and preparing a personalised detailed study strategy for each student which includes planned homework and practice tests
• Teaching efficient exam techniques and methods for managing stress; conducting timed practice exams to help students feel comfortable with the exam process
• Evaluating students’ progress to identify individual developmental needs; adjusting instruction and explaining methods based on progress and feedback
• Raised students’ grades in at least 1 grade; successfully helped 80% of the students get admission to top-tier Russel Group Universities
Aug 2007 - Jul 2008 UBS Investment Bank, Operational Risk Analyst
My main role was to understand a number of Operational Risk processes, evaluate the efficiency and then implement changes that would reduce costs. This included project managing the offshoring of a number of these processes.
• Globally co-ordinated the New Business Initiatives for Operations and Global Balance Sheet Transparency
• Co-ordinator for monthly Group Internal Audit Track for Operations
• Created value-added Risk Reporting for Operations; Performed annual SOX Reporting tasks
Jul 2006 - Aug 2006 Ernst & Young LLP, Banking & Capital Markets Intern (Assurance)
I was on a rotation programme that involved me working on audit trails at different stages of the cycle - hence I gained valuable experience in the processes that take place in the many divisions of investment banks
• Contacting and arranging meetings with clients within investment banks on a day-to-day basis.
• Navigating meetings so that the outcome was in line with approaching deadlines
• Collating effective client introduction reports for various teams in Banking & Capital Markets