I have been a full-time teacher in a school sixth-form since 2018, and a private tutor since 2012, so my experience in teaching is quite vast. In school, I teach from Year 7 up to Year 13, which includes Further Maths, so I am very familiar with the school content and have excellent knowledge of the national curriculum. Being a teacher also gives me access to the latest official Edexcel Pearson textbooks, exam papers and mark schemes.
As a private tutor, I have trained students for various exams including 11+, 13+, GCSEs, and A Levels. I have covered various exam boards including Edexcel, AQA, OCR, MEI, and Cambridge Pre-U, so I am well-equipped to help anybody succeed in their exams.
As a teacher, I have developed excellent pedagogical skills which I employ in all of my private tutoring lessons. I provide clear and logical explanations, engage the student and assess their understanding continuously via questioning.
I graduated from UCL - one of the country's top Universities - with a degree in Mathematics, so my subject knowledge is incredibly strong and I will be able to teach any topic with ease as well as answer any additional questions a student may have.
Brampton Manor Academy — Graduate Teacher of Mathematics — JANUARY 2018 - PRESENT
● Planning and delivering well-structured and engaging lessons.
● Competent at teaching classes of all ages and at all levels from Year 7 to Year 13 Further Maths.
● Experience in teaching students with learning difficulties and language barriers.
● Writing reports to parents regarding pupil progress.
● Accurately marking students’ scripts during internal exam cycles.
● Assisting with STEP Entrance Exam support classes.
● Conducting mock interviews for prospective students of Oxford and Cambridge.
● Assisting prospective university students with personal statements.
● Managing behaviour with consistent expectations, warnings and sanctions.
● Proof-reading end-of-year examination papers for errors and appropriate level of difficulty.
● Providing pastoral support as a form tutor and supervising during residential trips.
International School of Creative Arts — Tutor of Mathematics — SEPTEMBER 2019 - DECEMBER 2019
● Providing 1-to-1 extra-curricular support during after-school lessons to help a Thai student (EAL)
prepare for the Edexcel IGCSE exam.
Little Big Leaders Summer School — Tutor of Mathematics — JULY 2019 - AUGUST 2019
● Providing a bespoke tutoring service to primary level students (ages 10 - 11) during the summer
holidays in preparation for the 11+ and 13+ common entrance examinations.
Libra Tutors Half-Term Residential — Tutor of Mathematics — MAY 2019 - JUNE 2019
● Providing tailored extra-curricular support to GCSE and A Level students from China (EAL) in
preparation for their upcoming end-of-year examinations.
Self-Employed — Private Tutor of Mathematics — SEPTEMBER 2012 - PRESENT
● Have worked for multiple agencies and platforms, including: Tutorful, Titanium Tutors,
Libra Tutors, Tutor House, The CODE, and Simply Learning Tuition.
● Tutoring students taking end-of-year GCSE and A Level Maths and Further Maths examinations.
● Preparing students for the 11+ and 13+ examinations in Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
● Competency in teaching across all exam boards including AQA, Edexcel, OCR and CIE.
● Experienced in teaching students with learning and/or behavioural difficulties, language barriers,
prolonged absences from school, exam resits, etc.
● Developing my own subject knowledge by purchasing textbooks and independently studying new
and unfamiliar content.
● Enhancing my understanding of the various exam boards by purchasing the most relevant
textbooks and making reference to them in my lessons.
● Planning and delivering well-structured and comprehensive lessons to students on a 1-to-1 basis
and in small groups.
● Generating and administering formative assessments to identify the key areas of concern.
● Effectively communicating with each student to identify their tutoring needs.
● Communicating with parents regularly to discuss their child’s progress and concerns.