My name is Deepak, I currently work as the Head of the Mathematics Department at a private school in Nottingham; I have built over 20 years of teaching experience .
I audio record lessons and teach remotely using an online platform known as Bramble where I not only work through the GCSE course providing worksheets and answers but I also teach A-level Mathematics making sure to follow the recommended textbooks precisely. Moreover, I create bespoke YouTube videos which directly complement the student's learning. This allows the student to revisit their studies 24/7 ,365 days of the year. I taught both of my daughters throughout their GCSEs and A-levels; my eldest achieved A*, A*, A and my youngest achieved A**, A, A in GCSE Maths, Further Maths and Statistics. Furthermore, my eldest also achieved an A* in A-level Mathematics and an A in A-level Further Mathematics, and this year my youngest achieved an A* in A-level Mathematics. Following on from this my eldest managed to secure a place at Oxford university. I have been described as a 'Mathematics Maverick' and as someone who schools and coaches to a 'superb standard', in addition to this I am an experienced examiner. I only use current exam questions, and I provide key strategies and tips for all topics that are suitable for ALL 9-1 GCSE Mathematics courses.
Head of Mathematics Department, Hollygirt School (Jan 2016-Present) Second in the Mathematics Department, Hollygirt School (Jan 2013-Jan 2016)
• Teaching Maths at the KS3/KS4 level and Further Maths at the KS4 level
• Regular analysis of KS4 results and offering appropriate intervention for weaker and lesser abled learners for example creating a ‘minimum skills booklet’
• Innovative and dynamic teaching approach for example creating child friendly, interactive resources such as ‘fraction world’ and ‘percentage street’ and the strategy and skills boards.
• Involved in the organisation and participation of the UKMT Team Challenge regularly.
• Leading the restructuring and redevelopment of the Maths Department.
• Co-ordinating and chairing regular meetings with the senior leadership team and with the rest of the maths department
• Regularly liaising with other departments in the school and form tutors, SEN support staff etc
• Mentoring, advising and training the second in department
• Chosen to represent the school in a campaign carried out by CartWright Communications and lead a team of students to winning of the School's Maths Momatrix award 2016
• Implemented 5 days a week Maths Help service and new Scheme of Work’s at KS3 level
• Setting tests according to Midyis testing and Entrance tests. Using an assessment without levels approach – based on the 2014 National Curriculum – uses a combination of 13 BAM indicators and essential knowledge
• Consistently monitoring of progress – Formative assessment: using the success criteria at the end of each end of unit assessment. As part of the Summative Assessment: Using ‘Got it’ Booklets which also allow progress to be recorded as an expectation/understanding.
• Implemented a coherent revision programme for KS4 – which involves using revision booklets with graded examination questions which are issued at interim periods in Year 11. Accurate feedback given to parents and attainment levels relative to Yellis predictors
A-level and GCSE Support and Easter Revision Tutor, MPW Cambridge (April 2019- ongoing)
• Tailoring revision and examination resources that tested students topic-by-topic
• Providing regular feedback and up to date strategies that enabled me to deliver a concise but complete revision course that embedded all the latest techniques to aid students’ understanding
• Covered different GCSE examination boards specification in one course by having an up-to-date and good understanding of the differences in the specifications and providing the students with 1:1 feedback and mentoring
Teacher of Maths, Maths Department, Montessori Grammar School (Aug 2008-Dec 2013)
• Teaching all levels from year 7 to year 13 (KS3 to Sixth Form including Further Maths).
• Helping students understand the underlying principles of Mathematics and providing a route to enjoying the learning and application of mathematics.
• Facilitating learning and allowing individuals to reach their full potential.
• Promoting and participating in teamwork, both in the classroom and outside of the classroom with other members of staff.
• Involved in extra-curricular activities, implementation of school policies and keeping up-to-date with advances in teaching and mathematics.