An enthusiastic and creative music graduate and composer with excellent experience in music performance, music arrangement and music production. Extensive knowledge of Video Production and Digital Audio Workstation software packages, and also with 10 years’ experience audio recording techniques and managing recording studio equipment.
Alessandro was born in Rome and he started studying bass guitar with Maestro S. Coppolecchia in Manfredonia when he was 15 years old. He had the opportunity to gig a lot for the last three decades. He started to study music composition with a self-thaught approach before to take his Bachelor's degree in Electric Jazz Bass (1st class) in 2014, improving bass guitar techniques with Italian virtuoso Maurizio Rolli (EuroBassDay 2012) at 'Umberto Giordano' Music Conservatory of Foggia (Italy), then he has successfully completed his Master's degree in Jazz Composition and Arrangement (1st class) in February 2017 studying orchestration and composition with Gianluigi Giannatempo, Roberto Spadoni, Antonio Solimene at “Saint Louis College of Music” in Rome (Italy).
He attended masterclasses with several musicians, composers and arrangers improving his knowledge on mainstream and contemporary music styles, from jazz to hip-hop.
Meantime, he has also played as a bass player for live and studio performances for the Choro Orchestra, the first Italian Orchestra of choro music, reinterpreting the concept of choro with a classic and personal attitude. In 2013 the Choro Orchestra has recorded an album “The Great Brazilian Popular Music” collaborating with Giannini Musical Instruments Store and the Umberto Giordano Conservatory of Music (Italy) too. The album was recorded with the extraordinary participation of Reco do Bandolim who fonded “a Escola Brasileira de Choro”, Rafael Rabello and Daniela Spielman, leader of “Rabo de Lagartixa”.
Since 2014 Alessandro is bass player, arranger and composer of the band "The Offbeat Arkestra". The repertoire includes reggae, jazz, ska compositions scored for vocals, trumpet, alto sax, tenor sax, guitar, keyboard, bass and drums.
In 2015 his arrangement of 'Silver's Serenade' by Horace Silver was selected for the "Italian Jazz on the Road 2015" European Tour Project promoted by Saint Louis College of Music of Roma, sponsored by MiBact, Italian Minister of Culture.
In 2017, after his Master's Degree, he moved to London as he was part of the "Working with Music" Project that allowed him to work as a Teaching Assistant Trainee at the Jazz Department of the London College Of Music - University of West London from September 2017 to February 2018.
Alessandro regularly performs as a musician in London and he performed in several venues in Italy like Tim Tour, Music Tv, Sanremo Giovani, Pollino Music Festival, Arezzo Wave, Skamoscio D'oro, Mondopolitani Art Fest, Scariche Sonore. He has also played in several festivals like Festival Internazionale di Chitarra, Manfredonia; Festival “MaraRio”, Maratea; Festival “Villa Celimontana jazz”, Roma; XVII edizione della rassegna di “Musica nelle corti di Capitanata”, Monte S.Angelo; Festival di Peschici, Peschici; Festa Patronale San Marco in Lamis; Festival “Stornara in Movimento” Stornara; XVI edizione della rassegna di “Musica nelle corti di Capitanata”, Foggia; Concerti della stagione estiva, Torre Maggiore; Amici della Musica, S.Giovanni Rotondo.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
Saint Louis College Of Music – Rome, Italy | M.A. Jazz Composition, 2017
• Achieved 1:1 grade
• Advanced academic research in Jazz Composition and Orchestration
• Coursework in Composing and Arranging for Big Band, Composing and Arranging for String Quartet, Modal Harmony, Music Notation Softwares (Sibelius and Finale), History of Music.
• Successfully organised his time to meet all deadlines and to manage different tasks while working as an arranger in the "Italian Jazz on the Road 2015" European tour project promoted by Saint Louis College of Music of Roma, sponsored by MiBact, Italian Minister of Culture.
Conservatorio di Musica ‘Umberto Giordano’ - Foggia, Italy | Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance: Jazz Bass, 2014
• Achieved 1:1 Grade
• Coursework in Composing/Arranging for Small Ensembles and Horns, Jazz Harmony, History of Jazz, Bass Performance, Ear Training.
MUSIC ARRANGER, COMPOSER | 01/2020 to current SMP Press – On-Line
Self-publishing and selling public domain arrangements, original compositions and copyrighted songs on Sheet Music Plus, the world’s largest sheet music store.
COVER MUSIC TEACHER | 01/2019 to 07/2019 Teach Major – London
Worked as a Cover Music Teacher with KS1 and KS2 pupils in Primary Schools for Teach Major recruitment agency.
• Creating engaging and dynamic lessons with an emphasis on improving students' musical skills.
• Adapting teaching methods and music materials to meet students' varying needs.
• Establishing clear objectives for all lessons.
• Encouraging students to persevere with challenging tasks.
TEACHING ASSISTANT TRAINEE | 09/2017 to 02/2018 University of West London - London
Teaching Assistant Traineeship at the Jazz Department of the University Of West London.
• Arranged music scores for the student’s jazz and pop music workshops using Sibelius notation software.
• Selected the repertoire played by the student in each Jazz and Pop music workshops.
• Supported the students in creating head arrangements and in performing them.
• Performed as bass player various bossa nova and standard jazz tunes in Jazz and Pop workshops and during the college jazz events.
BASS PLAYER/BAND LEADER | 01/2013 to Current The Offbeat Arkestra - Manfredonia, Italy
The Offbeat Arkestra is a jazz reggae combo band composed by 8 musicians and the role within the band includes:
• Liaising with a diverse range of musicians and managers during music events;
• Organising and managing the rehearsals for the band;
• Arranging my own and other artists’ original songs and compositions or covers;
• Leading the band during the executions of the repertoire;
• Recording and mixing the tracks played by the band;
FREELANCE MUSIC TEACHER | 01/2013 to Current - Italy - United Kingdom
Worked as a Freelance Music Teacher in Italy till August 2017 and I have been working in London since March 2018.
• Selecting music carefully in order to achieve a balance of musical styles on the programme;
• Developing and taught lessons on relevant music books, songs, movies and videos to promote student interest;
BASS PLAYER | 06/2013 to 05/2016 Choro Orchestra - Foggia, Italy
• Performed as a professional bass player in the recording of 'Choro orchestra - La grande musica popolare brasiliana' cd. The Choro Orchestra is the first Italian Orchestra of choro music, reinterpreting the concept of choro with a classic and personal attitude. In 2013 the Choro Orchestra has recorded an album “The Great Brazilian Popular Music” collaborating with Giannini Musical Instruments Store and the Umberto Giordano Conservatory of Music (Italy) too. The album was recorded with the extraordinary participation of Reco do Bandolim who fonded “a Escola Brasileira de Choro”, Rafael Rabello and Daniela Spielman, leader of “Rabo de Lagartixa”;
• Performed in several jazz and music festivals in Italy including Villa Celimontana Jazz Festival, Roma; Festival Marario, Maratea; Concerti di Capitanata, Foggia; Festival Internazionale della Chitarra, Manfredonia
As a studio session player:
2000 CD - Una vita che vale, produced by Centro Giovanile Arv, Italy;
2002 Come in un Film - Maccabi, Italy
2007 Meticci Kombo, Hip Hop Funk Project - Italy
2013 Choro orchestra - La grande musica popolare brasiliana
• Advanced knowledge of video production, music production and music notation software such as Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic Audio, Soundforge, Sony Acid Pro, Vegas Video, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Finale and Sibelius.
• 10 years’ experience audio recording techniques and managing recording studio equipment, such as microphones, monitors, mixers and audio interfaces.
• Good knowledge of the PHP language, MySql database, Freehand, Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
A graduate musician, bass player and composer based in Greenwich. He has over 5 years of experience in music teaching, in which he has successfully taught music theory, jazz composition and arrangement and bass guitar techniques from the complete beginner to the more advanced learner.